Cri du chat awareness Day 6
Cri du Chat Syndrome is a big unknown for many doctors and therapists out there. Although we (the parents) know that this is a spectrum and that the diagnosis we receive is worst case scenario, many doctors still believe that our kids will accomplish nothing.
If you’ve been following Lessons from my Daughter for awhile, you know Emily is doing lots. She is her own person and regardless of the challenges, she continues to move forward, she continues to learn and grow!
Here is what you can find about the development of kids with Cri du Chat Syndrome on the 5p- Society website
Here’s some things to look for when it comes to development with 5P- syndrome.
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Expressive speech and language delays
- Communicate by sign language, communication devices, gestures and a few basic words
- Poor muscle tone (hypotonia)
- Slow growth associated with failure to…
View original post 290 more words